|Slice of Kale and cottage cheese filled pleated bread|
Here goes an artistic and extraordinary verstile recipe and instructions of a very popular bread loaf. I regularly bake for home consumption as well as bake for friends and family.
I bake these using either prefermented dough that requires a portion of the bread to be fermented for 16-20 hours. The method I am sharing here is straight dough that requires hardly 3-4 hours for you to fill your house with that aroma of freshly baked breads, and present a professional looking and tasting braided loaf filled with all kind of amazing filling.
|Dried Fruits and Nuts Filled Pleated Bread|
Ingredients for the Dough
½ tsp salt
Instructions for making dough
|Bake for 20-25minutes at 200C|
|Brush the loaf with egg wash and top with nigella/kelonji|
Savoury Filling-1 Vegetable
|Saute vegetablelightly dont overcook|
Savoury Filling -2 Chicken Mince
- Sauté ginger and garlic in the heated oil
- when fragrant add mince, salt and the spices chillies and cumin.
- Fry for 5 minutes on medium fire
- Now add a cup of water and leave covered for cooking
- When the water dries add garam masala and the fresh spring onions, herbs chives and coriander
- Saute lightly for 2-3 minutes and turn off the fire and leave covered
Filling-3 Sweet nuts and fruits
|Pleated Bread loaf with sweet filling|
Note: Please feel free to ask me questions related to this bread here.