skimmed milk/soya milk/almond milk (average 8gms protein).
For thicker shakes use 4oz greek yogurt (12 gms protein) or plain yogurt (6.5 gms protein).
▪ Breakfast: egg-white omelet with smoked salmon or chicken breast; multigrain toast; banana.
▪ Pre-lunch snack: mixed nuts; apple, lassi.
▪ Lunch: tuna/grilled fish salad with olive oil, onions and olives; multigrain bread.
▪ Pre-workout snack: cottage cheese with strawberries/peaches/pears.
▪ Post-workout snack: low fat lassi; sauted spinach/Homemade Protein Shake.
▪ Dinner: Grilled Snapper fillet/pan seared snapper/ chicken breast with quinoa; stir-fry with carrots, onions, peas, and peppers.
7:30 a.m. Breakfast:
Boiled 2 large whole eggs, 2 large egg whites
1 cup plain cooked steel cut oats/oatmeal cereal
Large sliced banana
10 a.m. Midmorning Snack sandwich with 2 slices whole-wheat bread, roast chicken breast , rocket leaves, low-fat cheese and mustard, Any seasonal fruit
1 p.m. Lunch 6 oz. lean Beef shami kebab/Chicken Qeema sauted in light spices and herbs
2 cup bran rice 1 cup steamed broccoli /spinach
3 p.m. Midday snack I chicken tikka/200
2 slices whole-wheat bread sandwich
5 p.m. Pre-workout 1 glass homemade protein shake with 2 slices whole-wheat bread/multigrain muffin
6:30 p.m. Pos-tworkout 1 huge 300 ounce homemade protein shake
7:30 p.m. Dinner
8 oz. Salmon/King Fish panseared or grilled/chicken or lean beef steaks
roasted sweet potato or quinoa grain 1 cup suated spinach/green salad plate
10:30 p.m. Bedtime 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese 2-3 Tbsp. peanut butter/handful of almonds with a glass of whole milk
|Quinoa is to overcome the food shoratge of tomorrow with its perfect balance of carbohydrate and complete protein|